Sophomore Transition Series
Part 1: Ready!
Are you READY? Race into your sophomore year at a Resource Fair created just for you.
Where will you live? How will you pay? Where do you start?
Answer all your questions about sophomore year in one place.
Student Success Resource Fair
Wednesday, January 29, 2020
11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Check-In: Student Commons, 2nd floor
Financial Aid breakout sessions
11-11:30 a.m. and 12:30-1:00 p.m.
Student Commons, Virginia Room A
Make sure to grab your race ticket at the check-in station! Visit campus “pit stops” such as Housing, Financial Aid, Study Abroad, and many more for your chance to win prizes such as electronic devices, gift cards, and other swag!
Part 2: Set!
The Office of Career Services is planning exciting events for you in the month of February! Career Service advisors will help you develop and SET plans for defining and achieving your career and professional goals!
Attend one of these two options:
- Wednesday, February 5 from 4:00 to 4:45 p.m. in Hibbs Hall, Room 260
- Tuesday, February 11 from 3:30 to 4:15 p.m. in Hibbs Hall, Room 407
Part 3: Go!
It’s time to GO meet your sophomore academic advisor!
Each major will be hosting events where you can meet an academic advisor or representative from that major department, and learn about the amazing experiences you can gain from your interested academic program(s).
About the Ready, Set, Go! Sophomore Transition Series
Are you ready to be a sophomore?
Ready, Set, Go, is a sophomore transition series for all first-year students. In addition to one-on-one advising appointments, the sophomore transition series includes amazing opportunities to learn about:
- Financial Aid - learn about how your funding might change during your sophomore year, and learn about additional ways to finance your education to make sure you continue next fall!
- Housing - representatives from both on and off campus housing will help you learn about your living options next year.
- Career Services - Career Advisors will get you connected with career planning resources as you begin to dive deeper into your academic programs and will offer valuable tools to help you gain the experience you need to have rewarding careers!