Declared majors

University Academic Advising provides academic advising to all first-year students with a declared major, as well as continuing students who are currently enrolled in foundation majors, such as business and art.

Students are assigned to a UAA advisor who specializes in their chosen major. Our advisors work with faculty in each of the majors across Virginia Commonwealth University, and have the most accurate information to share with students.

After the first year

Advising is typically coordinated through the student’s major beginning sophomore year. We work with academic advisors in each of VCU’s colleges and schools to ensure a successful transition for all first-year students moving into academic advising by major.

Change of major

Students who wish to declare or change their major should first speak with their academic advisor. Change of major and change of minor forms are available through Records and Registration.